For Week Ending June 20, 2020
Housing starts in May rose 4.3% to an annual rate of 974,000, its first increase since January and up from a five-year low of 934,000 in April. The increase was less than expected by economists but builder permits were up 14.4% for the month to 1.22 million annually, signaling higher housing starts are likely in the near future.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending June 20:
- New Listings decreased 16.4% to 1,728
- Pending Sales increased 3.4% to 1,594
- Inventory decreased 22.8% to 9,871
For the month of May:
- Median Sales Price increased 3.5% to $294,900
- Days on Market decreased 8.9% to 41
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.4% to 99.6%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 16.0% to 2.1
All comparisons are to 2019
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.