For Week Ending April 4, 2020
More than 6.6 million workers filed for unemployment benefits last week according to the latest report by the Labor Department, on top of the 3.3 million that filed for unemployment the week prior. High levels of unemployment filings are expected to continue in the coming weeks as businesses remain shuttered and shelter in place orders have expanded to cover most of the country. The impact of these orders is becoming more apparent in the market activity stats reported here.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending April 4:
- New Listings decreased 27.7% to 1,393
- Pending Sales decreased 13.7% to 1,077
- Inventory decreased 7.9% to 8,859
For the month of February:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.2% to $281,570
- Days on Market decreased 2.9% to 67
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.3% to 98.0%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 5.6% to 1.7
All comparisons are to 2019
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.